More information about Coaching & Sex Ed Consultation
When should someone consider coaching or a private consultation?
I like to compare coaching to personal training. If you have fitness/physical wellness goals that you’d like help achieving, there is a range of professionals whose expertise you could seek out to build your support team. For example, you could hire a personal trainer/coach, a nutritionist/dietician, a physical therapist, a physician/healthcare provider, or a mix of some or all of these folks – all based on your individual needs and goals. Not everyone with questions about their sex lives and relationships, needs or wants to see a counselor or therapist.
That’s where I come in.
I am am ACS Certified Sexuality Educator. I operate using a version of the PLISSIT Model that I’ve adapted for my coaching and education practice.
If you have additional questions,
please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
If you are one or more of the following, coaching or consultation sessions may be a good fit for you:
- Individuals or Couples/Polycules seeking personalized sex and relationship education/coaching
- Individuals struggling to understand consent and relationship dynamics
- A person, couple, or other closed relationship looking to open your relationship ethically
- Learning more about and exploring ethical non-monogamy
- Individuals seeking to move forward with love, dating, sex, and/or relationships after sexual trauma
- Folks seeking dating advice or help writing online dating profiles
- Individuals seeking support and resources for issues of sexual orientation or gender
- Mental health professionals or medical professionals seeking professional consultation and collaboration
- Teachers and instructors seeking guest speakers or guidance for classroom settings (adult learning or K-12)
- I also have special training and experience working with adolescents and adults with disabilities
- Parents or guardians looking for advice and education about age and developmentally appropriate ways to talk to children about sex, gender, identity, and relationships
- Individuals experiencing chronic pain, illness, or trauma looking for resources to help you and your partner(s) modify your sexual experiences or make them more accomodating to your needs
- Individuals in BDSM or power exchange relationships looking for support and guidance
- Or individuals interested in learning more about exploring these dynamics
- Someone who would like to learn more about alternative or unfamiliar sexual or romatic relationships to support a loved one in one of these dynamics
- Someone with questions about sexual health, pleasure and intimacy looking for information and resources
Member of the Kink and Polyamory Aware Professionals Directory from the National Coalition for Sexual Freedom
My role in your relationship and sexual wellness would be much akin to a fitness coach/personal trainer’s role in your fitness goals. I’m not here to replace a physician, counselor, or therapist (if you happen to be in the care of a mental health or medical professional). I’m here to support you and your needs and work alongside the advice you seek from other trusted professionals. I am here to help you articulate your goals, identify limitations and available resources, devise a game plan for success, and help you see it through.
One-on-One Coaching & Educational Consultations
One-on-one educational consultations allow folks to address sexual concerns and questions and get accurate information about sex privately. These individualized sessions create a safe and welcoming environment for people to ask intimate or uncomfortable questions while embracing a sex positive climate where sexuality isaffirmed for being healthy and normal rather than pathologized for being taboo. In this sex-positive environment I will utilize Jack Annon’s P-LI-SS-IT* model to help you navigate sexual concerns. Everything begins with giving you permission to be sexual in the way that works for you, followed by limited factual information and education about the concerns you might be experiencing and specific suggestions and practical tips tailored to your needs. In some cases, I would refer you out to other professionals when necessary. I am a kink-aware, poly-friendly sexuality educator who is welcoming of individuals of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions. These sessions are available over Skype or phone call for individuals outside the NE Florida area, and in-person for local folks. In-person sessions for folks outside of NE Florida can be arranged at the inclusion of a travel fee.
Please note: I am not a licensed therapist or medical doctor and one-on-one educational sessions should not be used in place of such services. Referrals will be made to the appropriate professionals whenever such services would be beneficial to you. I do not work with Sexual Surrogates and one-on-one educational sessions do not ever involve any nudity, inappropriate touching, or sexual activities and requests for such will be denied.
A note about confidentiality: Anything you share with me remains confidential. This means that all personally identifiable information stays between you, me, and anyone you decide to share it with. If you have questions about this, please don’t hesitate to ask them.
For more information or to book a session, please reach out using the forms provided below, the contact form on the site, or by sending an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a quick question I can help you answer, or if you prefer to discuss your question or concern in writing, you can schecule an email consultation at a reduced rate. If you’ve indicated that this is your preference, I will send you some follow-up questions after you book your session and then reply with my thoughts about what’s going on, some resources you can look to for further information, and some suggestions for you regarding next steps.
I am available to consult with a variety of other professionals on issues related to sexuality. Whether you are another educator or another professional and seeking information related to sexuality to enhance your work, I am here to help. I have been contacted by a number of professionals across a wide variety of disciplines including, but not limited to: mental health professionals and other educators to provide guidance in lecture planning, therapists and social workers to provide guidance on sexuality specific issues with clients, medical professionals to provide resources for their own education and their patients, other sexuality educators to offer input regarding specialty topics such as sexual health and pleasure, LGBTQIA+ issues, kink, fetish, BDSM, and/or consensual non-monogamy.
For more information or to book a session, please reach out using the forms provided below, the contact form on the site, or by sending an inquiry to email@example.com.For more information or to book a session, please reach out using the forms provided below, the contact form on the site, or by sending an inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.